HOW TO USE THE MCUK menstrual cup
While many get the knack of using the MCUK straight away, it can take up to 3 cycles.
Remember, your reusable menstrual cup should last for years and years. Once you’ve got it, you won’t look back.
As with when you’re using tampons, always wash your hands
before inserting and removing your MCUK®.
- Click here to see more folding techniques
- Part the labia and place the cup as low down in the vagina as it will comfortably sit (lower down than a tampon). There must be a gap between the rim of the MCUK and the cervix.
Trim (first use)
- The base of the cup should sit as low as possible in the vagina. As vaginal length varies, the first time you use your MCUK you may need to trim the stem to get the best fit for you.
- Please read our FAQ on trimming the stem before first use.
Remove and empty
- With clean hands, gently squeeze the bottom of the cup to release the seal then slide the cup out.
- Empty the contents into the toilet.
- We recommend emptying it every 4-8 hours.
Rinse or wipe and reinsert
- Rinse your MCUK with water or wipe it with a tissue.
- Fold and re-insert.