PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
About this Privacy and Cookies Policy
Mooncup Limited (“Mooncup”, “we”, “us”, “our”) are committed to protecting your privacy. This Privacy and Cookies Policy (“Policy”) (together with any other documents referred to herein) sets out the basis on which the personal data collected from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
If you have any questions or comments about anything in this Policy you can write to us at Vantage Point, New England Road, Brighton BN1 4GW, UK (for the attention of Simon Boyd-Jones) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), the data controller is Mooncup Limited, registered in England with registered office at The Old Casino, 28 Fourth Avenue, Hove, East Sussex BN3 2PJ, UK.
Information we collect from you
There are a number of ways in which we collect information or data from you in the course of your use of our websites at www.mooncup.co.uk, www.mcuk.com or any international version of our site (referred to in this Policy as the “Website”) and/or providing our services, or by otherwise contacting us.
When you fill in any forms on our Website, sign up to our newsletter or get in touch with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise, we may collect information or personal data including your name, address, email address and phone number, and any other information you provide. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. This also includes the information you provide if you post on social media platforms, place an order for any of our products, contact our Mooncup Advice Service or sign up as a Mooncup affiliate.
Testimonials are received via a ‘no reply’ form on our Website and are published displaying the first name and date of submission only, unless we have your permission to include additional information such as your full name, age, location, job title and a photograph of you.
Mooncup Advice Service
Mooncup offers a unique expert Advice Service established in 2004 and run by experienced Mooncup advisors. Customers and potential customers can contact the Advice Service with any problems or questions about using the Mooncup. We collect relevant information about the enquirer including their name, contact details, and the nature of their issue so that the correct assessment can be made. All customer feedback and complaints are recorded to meet GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) requirements including ISO 13485 and FDA 21 CFR part 820. The Mooncup advisors treat this information with the strictest confidence, and Mooncup takes appropriate steps to maintain the security of data obtained through this service. We are required to keep hold of all data and records obtained through this service for a period of ten years.
We may also collect information about you when you visit our Website. This includes:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page you are on.
If you sign up as a Mooncup affiliate we will need to collect certain information from you in order to set up your affiliate account.
We also work closely with third parties including business partners, payment and delivery services, analytics providers and search information providers, and may receive information about you from them.
Third party websites
Our Website contains links to and from third party websites, which include Facebook, Twitter, Royal Mail, SagePay and PayPal as well as any other sites that we may link to in the future. Our blog posts and communications may also contain links to and from similar third-party websites. If you click on any of these links, we recommend that you check the privacy policies on these websites before you submit any personal data to them. We cannot accept any responsibility or liability for these websites or for their use of any data collected by them.
Our website uses YouTube API Services, you can find their Terms of Service here.
How we use the information we collect
We retain data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which that data was collected. For example, if you contact us with a simple query about a product you have purchased and we are able to deal with that query straight away, we always try to delete any data we hold once the query has been dealt with. If you enquire about us or our products but do not go on to purchase anything from us, then we may keep your details in case you contact us again in the future.
We use information we hold about you and which you have provided to us in order to fulfil any order you place with us and to comply with our obligations to you. In addition, if you are a Mooncup affiliate, we will use any information you have provided to us to manage our relationship with you and to meet our obligations under our Affiliate Terms and Conditions. We will retain information relating to contracts with us for at least 10 years following your last purchase, or last contact (whichever is later), for the purposes of complying with our quality management system ISO 13485.
If you subscribe to our newsletter then, in addition to sending the newsletter to you, we may also use the information you provide to notify you about changes to the products we offer. We do monitor the numbers of recipients who open our newsletter and track any clicks through from that newsletter to any links in it, but these statistics are always anonymised.
We may also use the details we hold about you to provide you with information about other products we may offer in the future that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
We sometimes contact our customers following delivery of our products, to see how customers are getting on and to gain feedback on our products, or to notify customers of offers.
If we do contact you about our products (other than providing products you have ordered or specifically enquired about), we will only do so by email unless you have agreed otherwise. You can opt out of any communications we send to you by unsubscribing using the link at the bottom of the relevant communications, or by emailing us at email@example.com
We use information collected when you visit our Website to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, to administer our Website, and for internal operations including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes. We will also use this information to improve our Website, to enable interactive features of the Website such as the purchasing process, to keep our site safe and secure, and to measure the effectiveness of content we have on our Site.
Disclosing your information
We may share information we hold about you with selected third parties, including business partners, suppliers, delivery and payment services. We will only do so if necessary, to fulfil any order you place with us or to meet our obligations if you sign up as a Mooncup affiliate.
We use SagePay and PayPal to handle payments for any products purchased on our Website. We will share information with both of these payment services in order to process your orders and payments through our Website and to deal with any queries relating to those payments. If you would like any more information about how either of these providers process data, then please refer to their own privacy policies.
We may also share information with analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement of our Website but if we do so this data will always be anonymised.
If we enter into any collaboration with a third party, for example prize draws or competitions, then we may share your data with those third parties but only to the extent necessary to fulfil any obligations we have. If you are unsure of how any data will be dealt with then do not hesitate to contact us.
In addition to the above reasons, we may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we expand our business or assets and are required to disclose data we hold to the prospective seller;
- if any third-party purchases Mooncup or any part of it, in which case personal data held about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions (a copy of which can be found here) and other agreements; or
- to protect our rights, property and safety of Mooncup and that of our staff and customers. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us and which is stored by us is stored on our secure servers, and we maintain internal firewalls on our systems. While we do wherever possible work with third parties based in the EU, it is possible that the data we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), for example if necessary to deliver our products to you. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers, for example providing support services, processing payments and fulfilling orders. By submitting your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, for example if you have registered as a Mooncup affiliate, you are responsible for keeping your password confidential. We ask that you do not share that password with anyone. Similarly, your unique affiliate link is your responsibility and it is up to you to keep this information confidential.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of any data provided to us, and any transmission of data to us is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- access to your personal data and to certain other supplementary information that this Policy is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal data concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal data
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
- claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- contact us using the details set out below,
- let us have enough information to identify you (e.g. transaction ID (where you have purchased a product directly),
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information to which your request relates, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them.
Changes to our Privacy and Cookies Policy
Any changes to this Policy will be posted on this page, so please do check this Policy from time to time to ensure you understand how we collect and process information and data.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are necessary for the operation of our Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Website or to proceed through our online purchase pages.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to, and to see how visitors move around, our Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the Website works, for example by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Website and the content on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|PHPSESSID||This cookie is necessary to track the user’s connection|
and ensure speed in communication
|Site Content Language|
|This functional cookie records the language that|
the page content should
be displayed in to ensure maximum accessibility
|This cookie is necessary to ensure that the shopping cart and buying experience|
is quick and accurate and functions correctly
|This functional cookie is used in conjunction with _icl_current_language|
to ensure that for a particular visit all content is presented in the language selected by user , if available
|Delivery location||location||This functional cookie is used to store information about where the user would like items delivered to ensure correct information and shipping costs are reflected||2 days|
|These are analytical cookies required to utilise Google Analytics system to improve our service|
Used to distinguish users and sessions.
Tracks where visitor came from (referral) and any keywords used
Utilised to determine segmentation of visitor
Up to 2 years
|Cookie Notice Acceptance||cb-enabled||This functional cookie displays the cookie notice on the website and checks to see if cookies are accepted||13 months|
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of some or all cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access certain parts of our Website.
Our Website contains links to third party websites such as Facebook, Twitter and other social media, as well as to Royal Mail, SagePay and PayPal. If you click on any of these links, that third party website may set cookies. We have no control over this, and you should refer to the privacy and cookies policy of the relevant site for information on which cookies they set and how they are used.
If you have any questions, comments or requests about anything in this Policy you can write to us at Vantage Point, New England Road, Brighton BN1 4GW, UK (for the attention of Simon Boyd-Jones) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.