My menstrual cup is leaking – what do I do?
The most common reasons for leakage are:
- wearing your MCUK menstrual cup too high in the vagina
- not getting an adequate seal between your MCUK and your vagina wall
- wearing the wrong size of MCUK
First, make sure that your menstrual cup is positioned as low as it will comfortably sit. There must be a gap between the rim of the MCUK and the cervix (for more on positioning, read Where do I position my MCUK?).
Next, to try to improve the seal, you can
- tense around your menstrual cup with your vaginal muscles a few times
- run your finger along the rim of the cup when inserted, checking that it’s fully open
- twist your menstrual cup a few times
- experiment with different folding methods
If you’ve tried these suggestions and are still getting leakage, please contact us and we will help you find a solution.